Wednesday, October 23, 2013

How to Make a Pot Scraper and Grabber for Ultralight Backpacking



Here's a simple pot scraper to throw into your ultralight backpacking cook set that doubles as a pot grabber for hot pots and pans. I found a simple pack of sponges at the dollar store that had a rough cleaning pad loosely adhered to a flimsy sponge. The cleaning pad itself seemed tough enough, and after many trials with this little pad, I'm impressed with how its held up. Once you have found yourself a sponge with a rough cleaning pad, remove the pad and use the rest of the sponge for your dishes at home. No use wasting it. Take the pad and use scissors to cut it into a large square with rounded corners. I cut a small notch in mine for my thumb to nicely overlap the rest of the pad when I'm removing my pot from my stove. At only 2.1 grams, it buffers the heat just like I need it to and doubles as a rough cleaning pad for easy cleanup after meals. Make sure you cut your pad to fit your personal cook set and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave feedback or make suggestions

UA-44783480-1