Wednesday, October 23, 2013

How to Make a Tenkara Line Holder For Ultralight Tenkara Fishing


After I purchased my tenkara rod, I was thinking of ways I could easily manage my homemade tenkara fishing line. I was sick of just furiously wrapping my tenkara rod with the line and the line seemed to tangle any other way I stored it. I found an old bicycle pump holder that mounted onto the frame of a bike. The pump holder also had a velcro strap with it for strapping the pump down. This strap was perfect for holding the line altogether in the end. I tested the piece on my tenkara rod and it fit perfectly without any loose wiggle room. I then wrapped my homemade tenkara line around the top of the old air pump holder and finished the wraps off with the velcro strap. This little piece of equipment is perfect for when I'm changing fishing locations or packing my tenkara rod away in my backpack. Mine came in at 19.5 grams with my homemade line as well. Much lighter than a fly reel! If you can get your hands on a bike pump that mounts to your bike, you just may have a new tenkara line holder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave feedback or make suggestions

UA-44783480-1